Friday, March 27, 2015

Fruit Cobbler





If you need a quick dessert to serve to your family or company, I've got a very easy fix.  You can make this simple cobbler and put it in the oven while eating dinner and then serve it for dessert.




You may use any fruit you have on hand.  I've made it using blueberries the most as I usually have frozen berries in my freezer.  It's also delicious made with canned peaches.  I've also made it with stewed apples and it is delicious.  Of course if you have whipped cream or ice cream to top it off all the better.  Most of the time I don't have that available and just serve it plain.

Here is the simple recipe:

Easy Batter Fruit Cobbler

4 tablespoons butter
3/4 c. flour
3/4 c. plus 1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 c. milk
2 heaping cups of sliced fresh or frozen peaches or nectarines, or whole blueberries, strawberries, raspberries. blackberries or a combination of fruits or a 12 oz package of frozen berries.

Adjust oven rack to upper middle position, and heat oven to 350 degrees.

Put butter in a 8 inch square or 9 inch round pan; set in oven to melt.  When butter is melted remove pan from oven. Whisk flour, 3/4 c. sugar, baking powder and salt in a small mixing bowl.  Add milk; whisk to form a smooth batter. Pour batter into pan, then scatter fruit over batter. Sprinkle with remaining tablespoon of sugar.  Bake until batter browns and fruit bubbles, 50-60 minutes.  Serve warm or at room temperature with a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.




You and your honey might enjoy this easy cobbler. Enjoy! ♥





20 comments:

  1. That looks both scrummy and easy! Thank you for sharing it. Do you defrost the frozen fruit first?
    ~~~Deb in Wales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, it is so easy and no, you don't need to defrost the fruit! That's the great part, of course, other than eating it! ♥

      Delete
  2. I have a similar recipe that I have been making for thirty-some years! (Yikes...I am that old!) It is still a family favorite...and so easy! Win-win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl, I've had this recipe forever, also. I can't even recall where it came from, but it is a winner. ♥

      Delete
  3. Oh I am sure that we might! I like easy and I like fruit. Used up the last of my blueberries on muffins this morning, though, so I'll switch to canned peaches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vee, this recipe comes together quite easily. Your canned peaches will be yummy! ♥

      Delete
  4. I love cobbler, especially peach cobbler. I like your recipe and will have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quick and easy are magic words! This looks so yummy and I do have frozen berries at hand - I'm on it! Thanks for sharing the recipe.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the recipe Martha! I have not had much luck with cobbler since moving to the East Coast, I grew up making kuchens (cakes) or crisps. I love the romantic egg!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Putting it in the oven while we eat dinner sounds like a winner. i have never done that but my DIL does. I am a make ahead kind of person. But this I will try as my husband and I were just talking about how I rarely make us dessert--unless we have guests. This would be a real treat for him, especially with apples. I wonder if I can use uncooked sliced apples just as if I was making an apple pie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dotsie, I usually make ahead also. We don't have dessert often either, but if you're looking for a little sweet treat this would fit the bill. I've never tried it with uncooked apples--50-60 minutes should be enough to cook the apples especially if they are sliced thin. ♥

      Delete
  8. Martha, that is a CUTE banner! You are killin me with the blueberry cobbler, it looks scrumptious and doesn't have a lot of flour in the recipe, good for me. AND, it seems very easy to make, that is the best part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeri, I'm sorry to be tempting you. It is an easy recipe, but alas, not low calorie! ♥

      Delete
  9. Mmmmm! Thanks for sharing your recipe for fruit cobbler, Martha Ellen! Your whole house must smell wonderful while it is baking. We always have blueberries in the freezer, too. So, I will definitely make a fruit cobbler the next time we have guests! Wishing you a wonderful week! ♡Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dawn, I think you and your guests would enjoy this easy cobbler. I love easy recipes--This is a oldie but goody! ♥

      Delete
  10. Hi Martha! Oh, how I love cobblers and this one looks so good! Thank you for the recipe! I just may have to try it. Those are fabric roses. When I first made those wreaths I put them on my front doors outside and just knew bugs would get into the fabric but they didn't! I guess they don't like glue! :)
    Happy Easter.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shelia, aren't fruit cobblers good? I find I make this one frequently as it is so easy and delicious. Your roses are just lovely on your wreath--good to know bugs don't like glue! ♥

      Delete

Your comments will show after moderation. Thank you. ♥