Sunday, January 4, 2015

Let's Have Tea

Do you enjoy tea?  I'm a tea fanatic!  I love it.  Coffee is just not my cup of tea!  I remember my Mama telling me I would learn to like coffee.  Well, so far, I have not learned to like it!  I guess to learn something you must practice.  There is no intention on my part to learn.

In the mornings I brew a pot of tea and sip of it all day.  In the summer, I enjoy one cup while it is hot and then the rest of the day I drink it over ice.  After having tried many teas, I must admit that Earl Grey is my favorite.  I usually buy Twinings Loose Earl Grey.

Thinking of tea reminds me of  Downton Abbey.  Many of you are Downton Abbey fans and we are  looking forward to the new season that begins this evening.  What new and intriguing adventures await the new season?




Cathy at  http://cathy-morningmusings.blogspot.com/2014/12/and-winner-is.html#links had a surprise giveaway and she picked me!  Thank you Cathy!  If you haven't visited Cathy you must, as she has a wonderful blog. Cathy went to Winterthur and visited the Downton Abbey costume exhibit.  I received a wonderful tin of Lord Grantham's Breakfast blend.  I'm looking forward to having it as I watch the new season premier of Downton Abbey.



  

Lady Grantham, the Dowager Countess
"I'm a woman, Mary. I can be as contrary as I choose."      
Happy Birthday Maggie Smith---80 years old !

6 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you with Downton Abbey starting so soon now. I am so excited for me, too, so that I can stop having to watch what I say and where I say it so that I don't give up any spoilers!
    My favourite tea is Russian Caravan, and I also favour Constant Comment. Recently I have started drinking more green tea, and am very much in the league of being called a Tea Pot, as it is my beverage of choice too. ~~~Deb in Wales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. p.s. congrats on the win, and enjoy while watching Downton!

      Delete
    2. Thank you for holding back and not spoiling the new season for us! I think I'm in the Tea Pot league also---Lovely to hear from you! ♥

      Delete
  2. Martha Ellen, I'm glad you received your tin of tea in time for tonight's premiere. Thank you for the mention! Do you have a collection of tea pots and cups you plan to show us? I particularly like the pitcher on the left in your photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy, I do have a collection of tea pots. I hope I can get some good photos of them soon to share. The pitcher was found at an antique shop in Fredericksburg. The antique shops here hardly ever have bargains. It has no markings on the bottom. I only paid 3 to 5 dollars for it. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Martha Ellen, I hope you'll post again soon. But in the meantime, I'm going back to the beginning. Not sure at what point I discovered your lovely blog, so I might have missed quite a bit. You certainly mastered that new camera that got you started!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments will show after moderation. Thank you. ♥