Thursday, December 21, 2017

Merry Christmas!






Salisbury Cathedral








This poem sums up my thoughts and hopes for all of my friends here.


My Christmas Wish To YOU

By Catherine Pulsifer 


If I could wish a wish for you, 
it would be for peace
, faith, and happiness 
not only at Christmas, 
but for the whole year through! 

I wish that there always be food on your table. 
That you always give to those less fortunate. 
May you always take time to share, 
and thank those who have blessed
 you. 

I wish for time, so you may reflect 
on the blessings that you have, 
and that you express your love

to those who are dear to you. 

May you never feel lonely, 
because there are those who care. 
That you realize: you are special, 
you are unique, you make a difference, 
not only at Christmas, but all year! 

I wish for your thoughts to be positive ones, 
that you never quit, that you never give up, 
and that you continue to learn. 

I wish for the love, and peace of God

to be yours always. 







15 comments:

  1. A beautiful poem, Martha Ellen. Thank you, and I wish the same for you.

    Nadolig Llawen ~ Happy Christmas ~ to you and your family

    ~~~Deb in Wales xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beatiful poem Martha Ellen. Lovely thoughts especially at this time of year. Wishing you and yours a blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Martha Ellen. Merry and Blessed Christmas to you and yours...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful poem, thank you for sharing. It was a joy to see Salisbury cathedral we used to visit often when we were stationed at Middle Wallop many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the beautiful poem and the photos of the cathedral. Have a good Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have tears reading this. I think that's the nicest Christmas wish I've every read, Martha Ellen. I'm so blessed to have found you in blog land. You are a gem, and I wish the same to you. I'm looking forward to your wonderful posts in the new year. This cathedral is beautiful, and it would be nice to attend mass there, wouldn't it?

    Merry Christmas! May peace be with you today, and always.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just wanted to tell you that I"m taking a blog break for awhile, but the girls will still post as often as they can, which will probably be every couple weeks. Even though I'm taking a break from posting, I will continue to visit your charming blog. It is heartwarming, and I appreciate it and YOU, Martha Ellen.

      Happy New Year!

      ~Sheri

      Delete
  7. A lovely poem with a beautiful message. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Hoping that all is bright and you have the best time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely sentiment expressed in this poem! Thank you!
    Praying that you and yours have a most blessed Christmas and New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Martha Ellen ... what a lovely post.
    I enjoyed seeing your photographs - those stained glass windows are magnificent.

    Wonderful words by Catherine Pulsifer

    Have a wonderful Christmas
    My good wishes

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bless you and yours, Martha Ellen, as we celebrate the joyful welcome of the Baby Jesus, Savior King. May your new year be filled with good health, love and joy. God Bless. Hugs.

    MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Salisbury Cathedral, an amazing place to visit, I was there several times.
    Wonderful Christmas Wish Martha Ellen, wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a Healthy and Happy 2018!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a lovely post - both words and images. A very happy holiday to you, Martha Ellen. And a hug.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments will show after moderation. Thank you. ♥