Thursday, July 18, 2024

Sometimes Someone's Perfect

My friend Denise introduced me to Becky Hemsley's poetry on one of her posts!  I had not read any of Becky Hemsley's work before reading about her on Denise's blog.  www.anenglishgirlrambles2016.blogspot.com  You should go visit Denise if you haven't!  I don't know how she does it, but she posts daily. Thank you Denise!

Becky Hemsley's writing is quite extraordinary.  It speaks to me, and maybe it will to you! 



 


"Sometimes someone's perfect

Is another person's flawed

Sometimes someone's peaceful

Is another person's bored


Sometimes someone's freedom

Is another person's trapped

And sometimes someone's make-believe

Is someone else's fact


One man's trash, they often say

Is someone else's treasure

And someone's stormy forecast

Is another's perfect weather


Sometimes someone's scars

Can tell a very painful story

And sometimes they're reminders

Of a celebrated glory


Because it all depends you see

On where you're actually stood

On what you care to notice

And how far you dare to look


And there is sometimes someone

Standing just across from you

Who from the other side

Can see a very different view


Yes, all the time perspective

Will determine what we find

It's how the number 6

Is sometimes someone's number 9


And it is also how

You sit and count your flaws and scars

Whilst to someone just across from you

You're perfect as you are"


Becky Hemsley



Thank you for stopping by and remember "You're perfect as you are"










13 comments:

  1. Oh, Martha Ellen, I really liked that poem, and I was just thinking upon this the other day. Everyone has a life of their own, and it's not fair to judge unless we have walked in their moccasins haha And their truth sometimes is simply not our truth. Yes, I know Denise's blog, and visit often. She takes the most delightful bird photos. Thank you for sharing this poem today, Martha Ellen. It made my heart smile. Your butterfly photos are nice, and I see you came across a black butterfly as well. I saw one at the waterfalls. They sure are pretty.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the poem Sheri. That makes my heart smile too! Denise's blog is so affirming, isn't it? I'm so glad you visit her. I agree she takes the most delightful photos. We are seeing more and more butterflies here. They can be so elusive to photograph. Have a happy afternoon.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I am sure you would enjoy her writing. Have a great Friday Punkin!

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness, thank you for the recognition Martha Ellen, so very kind of you. I am glad you enjoy Becky's poetry as much as I do. As Sheri said, another lady like you who has a kind heart, this one of yours makes my heart happy. Thank you Dear Friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Denise, thank you so much for introducing me to Becky's poetry! When I read this poem (along with many others) of hers I wanted to share her work with my friends here as well. I also wanted my blog friends to visit you as you make my heart happy, Dear Friend!

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your sweet heart Martha Ellen, it is a joy to have met you and to call you a dear friend.

      Delete
  4. That is a nice and easy poem to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This really is the best poem -- It's well written, of course, but most of all, it is so darned true -- and something we should all bear in mind! I'm so very glad you shared it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is such a pleasure to discover a new writer/poet/artist whose work speaks to you! This poem is one that makes you think. It's a matter of perspective, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perspective is everything Cheryl. I'm quite happy to have found Becky's writing.

      Delete

Your comments will show after moderation. Thank you. ♥